MADYN 2000 has powerful analytical capabilities:
- Static analyses: Force, gear, weight loads, misalignment (the journal position in fluid film bearings and rolling element bearings can be considered), alignment optimization
- Damped eigenvalues
- Harmonic response to unbalance, forces (axial, lateral) and moments (bending torsion), base excitation
- Transient response to forces and moments, base excitation; torques can be defined as a function of speed and speeds as a function of time for run up / down simulations. Nonlinear fluid film bearings, rolling element bearings, couplings and general user defined non-linearities can be considered.
- Parameter Variation: Undamped critical speed map, Campbell diagram, bearing stiffness and damping variation, coupling stiffness variation, general parameter variation for the variation of any parameter of an object
- Hot spot stability analysis
- Optimizations (currently alignment optimization of shaft trains considering the oil film and magnetic bearing controller optimization are implemented)